Best Practices for Welcoming a Settled Pastor
Click here for a print-friendly version of these best practices.
- Be proactive to assist pastor with finding a home.
- Be sensitive and helpful around the possibility that the pastor’s spouse will need a job.
- Plan activities upon the Pastor’s arrival that are designed to assist the pastor and their family in getting settled and feeling comfortable.
- Plan a thorough process for passing along information to the new pastor.
- Plan way to introduce the new pastor to the community and community leaders.
- Assist with and pay expenses for the pastor’s actual move.