Welcome to the MCC’s Thriving in Ministry Program Page! In October 2018 MCC received a sizeable grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc. to assist Pastors and Clergy to Thrive in Ministry. This grant spans five years and it is our goal to connect with all U.S. based pastors and invite them to participate in this program.
One way to Thrive in Ministry is to connect Pastors through an intentional mentoring program. Pastors and clergy will be given the opportunity to apply to be either a mentor or be mentored. Our first retreat took place in San Antonio, TX in October of 2019. We are in the midst of preparing for our second retreat (virtually) scheduled for the end August 2020.
It is our goal to connect pastors with experienced mentors who can provide thoughtful guidance during transitional times in ministry. There will be regular support from the Program Manager with check in calls and also various webinars.
Please reach out to Marie Tasker, Program Manager who provides administrative support for the grant. She is ready and available to answer your questions. Please contact her at MarieTasker@mccchurch.net.
**** BREAKING NEWS****
- Lilly Endowment, Inc awards MCC $418,135 to build a Thriving in Ministry Program.
- MCC contracts with a Program Manager dedicated to the Thriving in Ministry Program.
- MCC’s Thriving in Ministry Program 1st retreat to be held October 15th – October 17th, 2019
- MCC’s Thriving in Ministry Program 2nd Retreat is Virtual! August 2020
- Lawrence Peers selected to design and facilitate MCC’s Thriving in Ministry retreats.